There are several little corners in my home that make me wish I could shrink myself and climb into them as if I had climbed up the beanstalk into the Giant's house or something. I'd love to hang out on that little round table or curl up in the wooden bowl. Alas, I am 5'3" and there isn't much I can do about it. This is a regular person sized house with regular sized things in it. The closest thing I can do is document these spots, capture an essence and then emotionally climb in.
- The metal and glass table was found at Lounge Lizard on Hawthorne in Portland, OR for $10.
- The little green shelf was found at our local GoodWill for $1 and painted green by me.
- The round wooden bowl is something I've had since the early 2000s. I'm guessing I bought it at the GoodWill in Port Angeles, but there are a few other thrift shops it could have come from.
- The oval-shaped yellow kleenix box is my favorite kleenix box. I buy my tissue at costco and pop the plastic lid out of this box and put the tissue from the ugly costco boxes inside. I understand that this is obsessive. I kind of don't care.
- The "happy happy happy" print in the teal frame is from etsy seller Laura George.
- The "I got 5 on it" hoop was embroidered by me, albeit not very well.
- The blue triangle felt garland was also made by me. I sell similar garlands in my shop.
- The illustrations on the door are from the 2011 calendar put out by etsy seller Sadly Harmless.
- The "lucky bamboo" plant on the green shelf was a housewarming gift from our friends Chris and Candace.